This tutorial will explain how to write safer, better code that makes you look more professional. That's right - it's time to write tests, for everything you do. Don't worry, it's not boring or complicated, you just need to learn how.
Technologies presented here are for Plone 3.x and older.
For up-to-date testing best pratices read about plone.app.testing.
- A brief example
- Telling stories with doctests
- Types of tests
- Running tests
- Writing unit tests
- Testing a Zope 3 component with a separate doctest file
- Writing a PloneTestCase unit/integration test
- Integration doctests using PloneTestCase
- Functional and system tests with zope.testbrowser
- Using zope.testrecorder to record functional tests
- Tips for using zope.testrecorder
- Determining the Code Coverage of your Test Suite
- If what you really want is eye-candy
- Testing examples