Upgrade add-on products¶
The steps to take to migrate your third party products
- Shut down your Plone server instance.
- If you specified concrete versions of the third-party products in your buildout.cfg file (what is so-named "pinning"), like Products.CacheSetup = 1.0, update these references to point to the new versions. Without pinning, i.e. specifying only, for example, Products.CacheSetup and no version, buildout will pick the newest version of the products by default.
- Run bin/buildout. Wait until all new software is downloaded and installed.
- Start Plone again - your site may be inaccessible until we have performed the next step - don't panic :)
- Navigate to the quickinstaller in the ZMI, and reinstall or upgrade products if you can (products that support both your current and new version of Plone). Perform product-specific upgrade procedures (if any). You will find these in the documentation of each product.